Hey there! Just thought I’d share a bit of background so you can get to know me better.
I’m an empty-nester. I’m proud to say that I’ve been married for many years to a precious man who loves and puts up with me even on my worst day. We have two awesome “children” who are now adults and discovering the world in their own new ways. Who knows, maybe they’ll contribute to the blog in the future as well.
I have been dreaming about Traveling with Purpose for some time now and I’m thrilled to be launching this blog to help folks like you find greater fulfillment through meaningful travel. It began with a seed of inspiration to combine several passions that run through my veins. These are the essentials:
1. The world is full of adventure and opportunity – and I love sharing the joy of discovery with others through words and pictures.
2. I love to travel – I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia but love exploring new places. Recently I’ve had the chance to participate in a few short-term missions trips abroad that were life changing. We’ll visit unique locales like those, along with other interesting and exotic destinations either in real time or through the words and pictures of others.
3. Learn something new every day – Shouldn’t we all be excited about learning? I love being a life-long learner in everything I do and look forward to sharing what I uncover about amazing learning opportunities through educational travel.
4. I love helping others – I have a servant’s heart so it’s always been hard for me to say no when someone asks for help. I also realize that there are literally millions of less fortunate people and causes that could use our assistance in many ways. I’m thrilled with the possibility of connecting those who need help with folks like you who can reach out to them during your travels. Are you looking for ways to invest your time with others and make your travel more meaningful? Me too! We’ll share some fulfilling opportunities.
5. I need your help too – Sign up for our newsletter (top right of page) for up-to-the-minute news, contests and more! Your participation in commenting and spreading the word about Traveling With Purpose makes the site that much more valuable. If you know of anyone who provides either educational or service-oriented travel experiences, I’d appreciate hearing about them. I love getting feedback, ideas and insights from you and knowing that you’re reading. You can also join our community by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter.
I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to stop in for a few minutes.
And to keep things interesting, I’ll be joined by other contributors down the road also. I’ll introduce you to them as they arrive.
So sink into that comfy chair, grab a refreshing drink and start dreaming of your next destination. You’re always welcome to hang out with us here. Stay as long as you like, share what you enjoy with your friends and please come back again and again to see what’s new. See you soon!