Per the FTC rules, we’re required to disclose particular types of income for this blog.
For example, if we interview someone and they grab the bill for lunch, we would need to specify this. Ditto if we use an Amazon link that earns 8 cents instead of a link that earns 0 cents. If someone gives us a free trip and we write about it in a post, same deal. Disclaimers all over the place. Instead of clogging up the site with disclaimers everywhere, we’ll just provide some blanket statements that should cover compliance with the FTC rules and let you know what we’re all about.
Below is our full disclosure relating to all Traveling with Purpose communications…
Traveling with Purpose is a collaborative blog written by a small group of individuals who all agree to comply with FTC regulations.
- Traveling with Purpose accepts some forms of cash advertising and sponsorships.
- We will and DO accept and keep free products, services, travel, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. It doesn’t change our opinion on whether or not we will recommend it!
- Rest assured that every post and every page is our own creation, unless we say otherwise clearly. No one pays us to do positive reviews or changes our opinion on anything based on payment.
- Any compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. We always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- Much of the advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Therefore you can assume that many links or ads are potentially revenue generating.
- This blog does not contain any content which knowingly presents a conflict of interest.
We know you are very busy and you come here because you value our information and recommendations. We give you our honest opinions and judgment on these things. We believe it is very important to be transparent with the community on these matters.
We believe the beauty of the Internet is in the fact that people rely on trusted sources, experts, and other people with whom they feel a connection. We treasure these relationships immensely and greatly value the trust you’ve placed in us!
For questions about this blog, please Contact Us here.
This policy is valid from 19 October 2012